Monday, June 13, 2011

Doors Opening


It’s the last weekend before Magnum arrives.  Next weekend we’ll be in California and the dogs will be at the kennel.  I cleaned out the garage, washed all the rugs, put stuff away, and made space for Magnum’s crate where he will be while I am still working.  Not to worry, I have a great person who will come by at noon to let him potty, feed him and play with him.  I’ll be paying about the same amount I paid for childcare for my son about 30 years ago. I set-up an x-pen in the kitchen for Magnum and put a crate in our bedroom where he will sleep until he is a little older. I want Shadow to get familiar with all the new stuff.  It’s always a challenge for her when furniture is moved; she has to remap the room in her head.  On Saturday we went shopping to get the last stuff for Magnum.  I found Evo dog food at Healthy Alternatives and I got a children’s tunnel.  Since Magnum will be doing agility, I want him to get used to the tunnel.  When I visited Minnesota, Patty had a tunnel (children’s) that the puppies played in.

I presented the towel with Magnum’s scent to Shadow and she was very interested.  Kinsey refused to smell it.  I waited awhile until she was relaxed and tried again, but she was having nothing to do with it.  Almost like she said “I don’t like puppies!”  I played the tape of the puppies eating.  Shadow was alert and attentive, listening to the sounds.  What can I say about Kinsey – she didn’t pay any attention to it.

Less than two months until I retire.  Seems like I have a lot to do.  Making lists of what I do by month, list of other responsibilities, and cleaning out files – electronic and paper.  I don’t think I have time to take on new tasks, maybe one grant proposal.  In this home stretch before retirement, I am enjoying work still, but looking forward to not working.  I am ready for retirement.  I think my head is in the right place.

Did I mention that my son and his wife are expecting a boy?  I have saved some toys and lots of books from when my son was little.  They should work very well for another boy.  I am busy knitting a blue blanket for my grandson and looking forward to meeting him.  One door closes and many more open.  Here’s a picture of Magnum and me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment