Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Countdown Less than 2 weeks


Less than two weeks to go before I am retired.  I feel like I am in warp speed.  I have so much to do to have everything done and so little time.  But, I feel that the next ED and staff are fully capable and can pick-up where I leave off.  It is hard to believe the day is almost here and it is wonderful.  I am certain that I will miss so many of the staff members.  We hear each other’s stories each day and are in many ways a part of each other’s lives.  I want to know how those lives go about being lived.  Leaving my co-workers is the hard part.

Magnum is now 15 pounds – 1/3 of his expected adult weight.  He’s gained about 5 or so pounds since his arrival.  He is going on 12 weeks old.  He is really enjoying his puppy agility foundation class.  He particularly likes getting to play with classmates before class.  The older puppies are for the most part very good with him.

Shadow really wants me to spend some time training her.  She follows Magnum and me and does the things I ask him like sit, down and come.  I plan to spend time just with her and maybe even tie Magnum to a tree or something to watch us do obedience work together.  He can learn a lot.  Both Shadow and Kinsey remain very good with him.  It is so fun to watch him and to play with him.  I want to enjoy these days of his being a puppy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment