Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Odds and Ends Before Thanksgiving!


Following up on The Way - Alan has started researching walks/journeys in England.  For these walks, your luggage is sent ahead to your next stop and you stay mostly in double rooms with your own facilities.  The walks are rated by difficulty.  One that seems to interest us is fairly easy with the longest walk per day a little over 8 miles.  It’s a 12-day castle journey. It goes along the coast and through several nature preserves.  This sounds like a good one for us to start, then we’ll see if we want something more difficult and longer.

Magnum is an AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy!  Okay, it is not that difficult.  He attended 8 classes (after completing 8 classes of puppy socialization and obedience), I submitted a plan for exercising him, and he passed the test.  He has rock solid sits and downs (the best in his class).  He is well socialized with his classmates.  He does get a little bored in class (he’s just 6 months old!) and tries to tug with his leash.  In agility we tug when he gets bored and he doesn’t understand that he can’t do it in obedience.  I try to keep him busy with doing tricks, but there’s only so much I can do.

For the first time in years, I have completely cleaned out my refrigerator!  Not to say that I didn’t get rid of old stuff before, but hadn’t removed everything and washed the drawers, shelves, and inside of the refrigerator.  Oh my gosh do we have a lot of condiments – and very unusual ones.  It’s the result of two cooks and one who doesn’t check out what we have.  In just one side shelf we had 2 kinds of chili garlic sauces, 2 pure horseradishes, wasabi, capers, green curry paste, 2 sweet and sour sauces, and 2 kinds of hot mustard.

In the nut drawer (meat drawer in non-vegetarian households) were 3 kinds of pecans, walnuts, two kinds of almonds, pine nuts, sesame seeds, 2 kinds of flax seeds, 2 kinds of shredded coconut, thick Canadian bacon (Alan’s), and organic pumpkin seeds.  Now you get the picture of my refrigerator.  It is fully stocked before shopping day.  Why do we have so much stuff and I go to other houses and their refrigerators are almost empty.  Don’t get me started on how many vegetables are in the refrigerator.  I am not sure I can pronounce all of them.  How will I fit the turkey in the refrigerator for Thanksgiving? 

I had a dream last night and in it, my Veterinarian told me Shadow had “puppy behaviors”.  Not sure what it means, but in the dream it seemed very logical.  So today I am calling her puppy Shadow!  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment