Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Birthday Double Q


What is a double Q?  For all you non-agility folks, a Q is a qualified run (a run with no errors) in either a standard course or a jumpers with weaves course.  A double Q means the dog had qualifying runs in standard and jumpers with weaves on the same day. 

I am of the age that birthdays aren’t that important.  It is nice to remembered.  I was fortunate to be remembered by friends, my sister, my husband, lots of facebook comments, and even a Native American school and my insurance agent.  Alan made me a lovely birthday card of Magnum sitting in my irises.  Magnum looks solemn in the picture, probably because he isn’t supposed to be in the irises and was afraid I would catch him.

This Memorial Day weekend, for the first time, I entered an AKC agility trial for three days.  When my son was young we used to spend the weekend at Alan’s family farm in Indiana with his parents.  Then for the last eight years we have gone to our place in northern Michigan.  But this year I was competing in an agility trial.  I told Magnum that the one thing I wanted for my birthday was a double Q.

On Saturday Magnum got one Q for a jumpers with weaves course.  I messed him up on the standard course.  Sunday was my birthday and Magnum and I made it – a double Q!!   Memorial Day we did it again and got another double Q. 

Double Q’s are important for our MACH (Master’s Agility Championship Title).  We need 20 double Q’s and 750 points.  Points are earned as the difference from our running time subtracted from the standard course time.  This weekend we earned about 57 points.

In all honesty I can say that two double Q’s in a weekend is Priceless.



1 comment:

  1. Well! I just read this - FANTASTIC! You and Magnum must make a great team. This sport takes so much more patience than I would ever have. And the picture Alan took is priceless too!

    ReplyDelete