Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Most Hopeful Day of the Year


Christmas Eve has always been my favorite day of the year.  I don’t want it to end.  On this day, all things seem possible.  Our hearts are light and our heads are filled with our sweetest wishes and dreams.

Most of us at sometime in our lives, believed in the magical.  It is the magical that gives us great hope.  We believe that life will be better and miraculous changes will occur as they did in “A Christmas Carole.”  It is a glorious feeling, which I never want to end.

Isn’t it more fun to look at the presents under the Christmas tree and imagine what they hold than to open them?  Unopened, they represent everything we desire.  For some, opened presents never live up to the dreams.  This is not to say that we are ungrateful or unappreciative.  Just that our imagination exceeds reality.

Christmas Eve seems to go way too fast for me.  I have so much I do on that day and before I know it, the day is gone.  I always miss that midnight moment when the animals talk. I want to hear what my dogs and cats are saying.  Does Magnum talk about tracking and agility?  And Shadow, what does she say about being blind?  I am sure next year I will be present at that moment and hope you will be too.  Here’s wishing you everything you dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment