Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day


Happy Earth Day, which was the birth date of my first ESS – Sherlock H. Stiles.  Back from Cleveland Clinic - surgery went well except for me having a cold.  So, it’s hard to tell what symptoms are from the cold and which aren’t.  High doses of calcium, which I am taking, cause a headache and so does a cold.  The area around the incision is pretty swollen.  In fact my resident told me I rated in the top 10% on swelling.  I do like to be in the top percent, but not sure if this is what I had hoped.  Feeling tired and yucky, but probably from cold. 

Before surgery, I was told my surgeon would huddle before the surgery.  I guess a huddle is bringing all participants together and being sure all are on the same page.  Once I was brought into the surgery room, the surgeon (Joyce) stood next me and said let’s huddle.  Yeah I thought, I get to be a part of the huddle.  Being a former cheerleader I thought I could get into this.  Joyce said my name and birth date and gave the anesthesiologist a knowing look.  That is the last I remember until being in recovery.    The night I was in the hospital, Alan had a great evening with Bob and his son.  They went out to dinner and stayed up to 11:00 talking.

It is great to be back with the dogs and cats.  I will be taking it easy for a while – no driving or riding the bike.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment