Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shadow - Good News



I got home from work late last Wednesday due to a meeting and the nice guy also had a meeting so he missed yoga.  He was just finishing feeding the dogs when I got home and said if I wanted to ride my bike, he would walk the dogs and fix dinner.  Leaving on my bike, I saw him walking in the yard with Shadow and they started to run.  It was delightful.  Blind dogs don’t run often because they need to be careful so as not to run into stuff.  Shadow has gotten comfortable on the lease because she knows we will keep her from running into things.  It was so wonderful to see Shadow running and looking happy – like she used to look.   After the bike ride I checked for phone messages and my Vet had called and said amazingly, Shadow’s blood levels are normal.  Her levels had been elevated and pointed to renal problems.  The change may in part have to do with the special renal food she is eating.  And, the growth on her ear is nothing to worry about and will probably crust and fall off.  Yeah!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment